<$BlogRSDURL$>





Bush Campaign Lies

Monday, May 31, 2004

Bush Campaign 'Is Making History With Often-Misleading Attacks' 

I admit it: I'm an anti-Bush partisan. I want Bush to lose in November, because I think he's been an absolutely dreadful president. I'm not enough of a historian to know whether he really is the worst president ever, as some people allege, but I do think he's really, really bad. That's why I want him out of the White House.

Well, and because he's a liar, too.

I would imagine that my work here displays my partisan view of the world, but I also hope that most fair-minded people would agree that I've attempted to handle the issues fairly myself. My goal is to defeat Bush with the truth, not by countering his lies with more lies. My real purpose here is to build public support for the idea of ditching Bush, by documenting and prominently reporting as many of his lies as possible.

And to those who may still believe I'm just a Bush-hater off on a partisan witch-hunt: well, this probably won't change your opinion one bit, but it appears I'm not alone. Dana Milbank and Jim VandeHei recently wrote in the Washington Post:

Scholars and political strategists say the ferocious Bush assault on Kerry this spring has been extraordinary, both for the volume of attacks and for the liberties the president and his campaign have taken with the facts. Though stretching the truth is hardly new in a political campaign, they say the volume of negative charges is unprecedented -- both in speeches and in advertising
The article also references a number of Bush lies debunked here (and a few misleading statements by Kerry as well).

So, it's not just me.

10:18 PM
|